Monday, May 24, 2010

Last Day

Day 11- May 24 2010 8am-3:30

Today was a really relaxing day for me. I got up and bought some candy for the kids as a farewell gift. When I got to school the first block of 7th graders were starting to review for their exam next week. We went over what will be on the test and how they should be studying. This will be the first time they take an actual final exam. (They had mid-years, which are basically exams as well.) The 7th grade advanced class also went over what would be on their final exam. They however were much more studious and got straight to working on there very long review packet. They also went over the practice "red test" that they were given over the weekend. The 8th grade then came in and started getting to work on their cartoons. Some of the groups are starting to put it all together and they are looking fantastic. After class I decided to finish up some grading on the 8th and 7th grade honors courses. I enjoy grading because when they come ask for the grade I give them step by step explanations of what they did wrong and how they can improve. The one-on-one explanations really help the kids understand their mistakes. I also started to work on gathering materials for my final project, which I am very excited for. I can't wait to present to everyone what I have done over these past few weeks. Last class of the day was my 8th grade honors course. Most of them starting their test, while those who decided to take it early worked on their practice "red tests." The kids were stunned when 5 minutes after they handed in their tests I went over what they got wrong on them. The day ended with some heartfelt goodbyes and tears (on the inside.) Working at LFCDS has truly been an experience I will never forget!

1 comment:

  1. William what has been the most fun is seeing you come home tired after a long day of work but still getting animated when you talked about your students and your reconnecting with a former teacher Mr. Sperling who became a mentor and friend. What a wonderful opportunity LFCDS gave you and I think those students benefitted from you and your teaching style as well. I am not sure if this passion will become your profession, but the spark it created makes me think that whatever you do it will have to do with working with people and making a difference.

    ReplyDelete