Sunday, May 23, 2010

Weekly Reflection 2

I think these weekly reflections are hard for me because I don't enjoy blogging without pictures or meaning. I realize that this is supposed to be a time for me to reflect on how last week went as a whole, but I feel that everyday I am reflecting through my blog. I talk about the kids, my goals, and how I plan on completing them. That is the very purpose of this weekly reflection. I came in to this project not really knowing what I was in store for, whether it be crazy kids, or disliking teaching. I ended up coming out (well almost out) understanding different learning styles and how to effectively cater to their needs. I also know how to control a class and how to teach a group of kids with different disciplinary needs. I learned a lot about what a teacher does behind the scenes of class time, whether it be constantly running to meetings or preparing for the next classes. Not only did I learn these obvious things, I also learned that teaching is tough, it's rewarding, and most of all I love doing it. Something that I tell people just from seeing it, is that people don't teach for the money (obviously) they teach because they love it. They want to make a difference, even if it is just for one kid. That means the most to them. I hope that if those teachers are reading this blog, they will understand how much I appreciate all they have done for me. It may not have been all good times, but I know and appreciate that you stuck with me and helped me no matter what. I will grow and learn from those who have taught me and I think that is why I succeeded as much as I did at LFCDS. I can not wait to graduate and head to college where I will further my passion for teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment